Business Journal names 2006 'Forty Under 40' winners
The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal has announced its 2006 "Forty Under 40" award winners.
The award honors 40 Twin Cities professionals under 40 years old for their business accomplishments and community contributions.
Now in its 13th year, the "Forty Under 40" project received more than 300 nominations. Past recipients include Gov. Tim Pawlenty, State Auditor Pat Anderson and Minnesota Twins President Dave St. Peter.
This year's winners were featured in a special insert in the Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal's May 12 print issue.
The winners are:
- Tony Ashworth, president, RHS Realty Inc.
- Jim Bendt, president, Gabriel deGrood Bendt
- Scott Burns, CEO, GovDelivery Inc.
- Alfred Coleman, attorney, Rider Bennett
- Jeff Duffin, director of foodservice marketing, Land O'Lakes Inc.
- William Dworsky, president, Consolidated Container Co.
- Clark Gassen, CEO, Financial Freedom Realty
- Michael Gresser, president and CEO, Gresser Cos. Inc.
- Karen Hagen, president and CEO, Excello
- Mike Harley, executive director, Minnesota Environmental Initiative of Minneapolis
- Doug Jaeger, vice president of transmission, Xcel Energy Inc.
- Alisha Johnson, senior vice president and director of marketing, Highland Bank
- Tim Kehoe, co-founder and vice president of research and development, Ascadia Inc.
- Cathy Kibbe, director of strategic planning and analysis, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- Matt Kucharski, senior vice president, Padilla Speer Beardsley
- Michael Lacey, CEO and president, Digineer Inc.
- Brian Lucas, manager of brand public relations, Best Buy Co. Inc.
- William Lyons, associate principal, Perkins + Will
- Nan Madden, director, Minnesota Budget Project at the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- Marcia Malzahn, chief financial officer and vice president of operations for corporate security, Tradition Capital Bank
- James McCorkell, executive director, Admission Possible
- Raquel Melo, marketing director of innovation, Kemps
- Stefanie Meyer, vice president of retail, United Properties
- Alberto Monserrate, president and CEO, LCN Media
- Margaret Murphy, regional vice president of client services, Carlson Marketing Worldwide
- Charlie Nestor, vice president of real estate, Master Development Group
- Tim O'Neill, co-founder and CEO, The O'Neill Brothers Music
- Kyle Peterson, attorney, Patterson, Thuente, Skaar & Christensen
- Karri Plowman, executive director, Minnesota American Indian Chamber of Commerce
- Diana Purcel, chief financial officer, Famous Dave's of America Inc.
- David Quigg, community banking president, Well Fargo
- Megan Remark, vice president of specialty care and clinical operations, HealthPartners Medical Group and Clinics
- Sheila Ronning, president and owner, Sharp UpSwing
- John Ruelle, chief financial officer, Restaurant Technologies Inc.
- Rachelle Schoessler Lynn, vice president and principal, Walsh Bishop Associates Inc.
- Mary Sumners, managing director and director of the Investment Specialists Group, RBC Dain Rauscher
- Asmah Tareen, senior associate, Fredrickson & Byron
- Paul Thissen, Minnesota state representative for District 63A and attorney, Briggs and Morgan
- Nicolas Thomley, founder and president, Pinnacle Services Inc. and Summit Fiscal Agency Inc.
- Mike Zipko, shareholder and team member, Goff & Howard